Birthday Shenanigans went alright. The weather was gorgeous, which was a pleasant change from last year, when it was rainy the whole time. The food was as spectacular as ever. I ended up in the same room I had last year, which I find hilarious. I hiked up to the chapel for the first time, and I got to see cows!!! I used the swimming pool and the hot tub, and it is pretty cool being in an outdoor hot tub with a mountain view.
The biggest downside was that all of my friends just daytripped on Saturday, so all of the stuff I just mentioned I basically did by myself, and the evenings got a little lonely, and I don't really know that I could justify doing this again if nobody stays over, because yeah that stuff was fun, but do I just want to repeat it again? I know people had other plans, but it kind of feels as though these days nobody has time and/or a sense of adventure, and I'm tired of it.
Nocturne's earning the Consistency Award, though he's not quite earning the Effort Award. I appreciate that I am hearing from him at least once every three days, but it's a little frustrating that it is only once every three days. Still, it is a lot better than it was, but...I don't know what this is. I mentioned to him that Lyla's Bat Mitvah is -next- May, so we'll see if he shows any appetite for that...for all I know we'll hate each other by then...or worse, he'll be ghosting me again.
My computer (mostly) seems to be behaving itself. I'm still a bit leery, but Word hasn't disappeared while I've been editing, and I haven't really experienced any crashes at particularly bad times.
A couple of days ago I got to chat with Donukitsu, a guy who Nocturne, I think, brought to one of the FCL parties. He actually did cuddle with me a little bit at the party, unless Nocturne himself (do I sound bitter? I'm a little bitter), and I would have liked to have gotten to know him better. He's about half my age, but we seem a bit simpatico...so naturally he's going to Japan for a year shortly, and I haven't seen him online since that initial conversation, though he did apologize for not being around more.
Met a couple of folks on f-list who are proving somewhat diverting, though it's too soon to tell whether it's going to be anything especially memorable ultimately.
John called Debian out after Debian claimed to have bought a boat and John found it available for sale online. Debian proceeded to change his username to "Sadness". I couldn't even find him in my contacts until I realized he'd deleted my chat history with him, which was...irritating. John felt bad for possibly having damaged Debian's mood. I was less sympathetic toward him, mostly because he's been lying so much and so pointlessly that he probably had a reality check coming. Indeed, I wondered whether he had some sort of schizoaffective disorder.
I think I've been fighting a cold for the last couple of days. Yesterday in particular I decided not to go into the office because I was feeling a bit cruddy. I'm here today, but I'm kind of glad almost nobody else is.
The biggest downside was that all of my friends just daytripped on Saturday, so all of the stuff I just mentioned I basically did by myself, and the evenings got a little lonely, and I don't really know that I could justify doing this again if nobody stays over, because yeah that stuff was fun, but do I just want to repeat it again? I know people had other plans, but it kind of feels as though these days nobody has time and/or a sense of adventure, and I'm tired of it.
Nocturne's earning the Consistency Award, though he's not quite earning the Effort Award. I appreciate that I am hearing from him at least once every three days, but it's a little frustrating that it is only once every three days. Still, it is a lot better than it was, but...I don't know what this is. I mentioned to him that Lyla's Bat Mitvah is -next- May, so we'll see if he shows any appetite for that...for all I know we'll hate each other by then...or worse, he'll be ghosting me again.
My computer (mostly) seems to be behaving itself. I'm still a bit leery, but Word hasn't disappeared while I've been editing, and I haven't really experienced any crashes at particularly bad times.
A couple of days ago I got to chat with Donukitsu, a guy who Nocturne, I think, brought to one of the FCL parties. He actually did cuddle with me a little bit at the party, unless Nocturne himself (do I sound bitter? I'm a little bitter), and I would have liked to have gotten to know him better. He's about half my age, but we seem a bit simpatico...so naturally he's going to Japan for a year shortly, and I haven't seen him online since that initial conversation, though he did apologize for not being around more.
Met a couple of folks on f-list who are proving somewhat diverting, though it's too soon to tell whether it's going to be anything especially memorable ultimately.
John called Debian out after Debian claimed to have bought a boat and John found it available for sale online. Debian proceeded to change his username to "Sadness". I couldn't even find him in my contacts until I realized he'd deleted my chat history with him, which was...irritating. John felt bad for possibly having damaged Debian's mood. I was less sympathetic toward him, mostly because he's been lying so much and so pointlessly that he probably had a reality check coming. Indeed, I wondered whether he had some sort of schizoaffective disorder.
I think I've been fighting a cold for the last couple of days. Yesterday in particular I decided not to go into the office because I was feeling a bit cruddy. I'm here today, but I'm kind of glad almost nobody else is.