Merrily We Roll Along...
Aug. 5th, 2026 03:59 pmYou already know most if not all of what I'm going to talk about.
Despite Shea telling me that I could get Burlington Telecom at Keen's Crossing, it turns out that's only true if I'm okay with streaming service, which...not really, if I can help it. Though, I was also annoyed because I'd called BT and left messages a few times, and I know they're currently backlogged, but JFC, we were talking about me moving, and it could have been time-sensitive.
So, I'm moving to Xfinity, with reservations. On the plus side, signing up was stupidly easy through their web portal. It may also end up being cheaper for me. They also claimed I already have all the setup I need in the new apartment and I just need to activate it via the app...which I'm obviously not about to do anytime soon.
BT did say I can just drop off my equipment with them instead of needing to be around while someone disconnects me, so that's good.
Moving my electricity over was easy enough. Burlington Electric had a webform, and while I had to call Green Mountain Power, I think I was on the phone for under 15 minutes.
Yesterday Frang dropped off a number of large boxes. Awesome in terms of size, but a bit of a conundrum...I can't just load them up with boardgames or I won't be able to carry one. The same kind of goes for my larger CD box sets.
I feel like I'm running behind on packing, but I don't really know what I can do other than keep pushing. I still have another week-plus before my place becomes mine anyway.
Despite Shea telling me that I could get Burlington Telecom at Keen's Crossing, it turns out that's only true if I'm okay with streaming service, which...not really, if I can help it. Though, I was also annoyed because I'd called BT and left messages a few times, and I know they're currently backlogged, but JFC, we were talking about me moving, and it could have been time-sensitive.
So, I'm moving to Xfinity, with reservations. On the plus side, signing up was stupidly easy through their web portal. It may also end up being cheaper for me. They also claimed I already have all the setup I need in the new apartment and I just need to activate it via the app...which I'm obviously not about to do anytime soon.
BT did say I can just drop off my equipment with them instead of needing to be around while someone disconnects me, so that's good.
Moving my electricity over was easy enough. Burlington Electric had a webform, and while I had to call Green Mountain Power, I think I was on the phone for under 15 minutes.
Yesterday Frang dropped off a number of large boxes. Awesome in terms of size, but a bit of a conundrum...I can't just load them up with boardgames or I won't be able to carry one. The same kind of goes for my larger CD box sets.
I feel like I'm running behind on packing, but I don't really know what I can do other than keep pushing. I still have another week-plus before my place becomes mine anyway.